Sunday, January 24, 2010

Haul: Victoria's Secret & Drugstore

Only shopped a little bit this weekend. I'm reeeaaaally trying to be good, but sometimes I just can't help myself! Living in Wisconsin with such cold and gloomy weather certainly doesn't help things any... sometimes a girl just needs some retail therapy :)

Victoria's Secret



VS for me is often hit and miss. I find most of their "wearables" to be ridiculously overpriced and of pretty mediocre quality. I do, however, love their body care and cosmetics! Initially, I had gone in hoping to find a new body lotion, but ended up finding a few more things than just that... I always get lured in by their deals. Items from their Beauty Rush line were 3 for $25 (I think?) so I picked up a Body Lotion, 3-in-1 Wash and a Body Mist in the scent "Candy, Baby" which smells SO good! My first thought was that it smelled like Aquolina's Pink Sugar purfume, but VS's is a bit softer. The 3-in-1 wash claims it can be used as a shower gel, bubble bath and a hair wash, but I think i'll only use it for shower or bath gel!


I also couldn't resist but pick up a couple of their Beauty Rush single eyeshadows. They had some gorgeous colors (and I think I'll need to go back for some more!) but I only purchased the two I felt I would appreciate most amidst my many other eyeshadows :D

The first color that caught my eye was Flower Girl, a
super sheer, shimmery lilac-pink, which actually reminds me somewhat of the MAC shadow Et tu, Boquet? which came out with their Rose Romance collection... which, ironically, I gave away quite awhile ago because I didn't really care for it, lol.

Regardless, I've been lusting for a lavender shadow for quite sometime and this is perfect. I'm also thinking of doing a Valentine's Day look with it!

The second shadow is Bronzinger, a super super pigmented bronzed brown. Despite the fact that I already have a dozen (or several dozen...) brown eyeshadows already, it was gorgeous and I couldn't resist!

"Bronzinger" is kind of like... if MAC's Woodwinked and Mulch had a baby. It's a perfect medium brown with fine golden shimmer.
...and literally, all it took to make the swatch in that picture was one good swipe.

Drugstore


Just a few things purchased at Walgreens as well... A bit of an impulse buy, I picked up Cover Girl's Clean Makeup for Oil Control. Generally, I steer clear of CG products. CG compacts and eyeshadows were the first cosmetics I ever bought, so for me, they are reminiscent of elementary/middle school makeup horror (i.e. too-powdery face, thick purple eyeshadow and the like...). I've never been able to get past that memory-jogging powder scent of the line. It seems lately though, they've reformulated and redesigned most of their products, and I thought trying out a foundation was worth the $4.something I paid for it. Fingers crossed that this is at least as good as Revlon's ColorStay Foundation, which in comparison, is about twice the price for the same amount of product.

Admittedly, the Borghese Nail Lacquer was an unnecessary impulse as well... It was on clearance at Walgreens for under $3, and I'm a sucker for a creamy nude.

Lastly, I gave in and got one of Sally Hansen's new Complete Salon Manicure polishes that I've seen on display a few times now, but have always past by. Supposedly, it's a base coat, polish, and top coat all in one. That part doesn't really do much for me... yes, of course it's a great gimmick, but for me, the greatest draw from this line was the color selection! There were some beautiful creamy muted colors to choose from, but ultimately, I couldn't resist Naked Ambition 210, a pastel pink with find silver shimmer. Sounds tacky, I know, but a nail swatch proved it was far from it. The shimmers in this are super fine, so amidst the soft color of the actual polish, it doesn't stand out too much, but still gives a nice brightening effect. More on this to follow, along with pictures too :D

4 comments:

  1. those VS shadows look real pretty. I'll have to check them out sometime! thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally crazy about Victoria's Secret, I just can't get enough, looooove the Beauty Rush body double mist in Candy, Baby.
    Good taste !!!!!!!!!!
    XOXO from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way, I am following your blog, if you want to do same...... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa! wouldnt have expected victoria secret shadows to have to much pigment!

    ReplyDelete